Yes, We Love Limericks!
We love'em so much that we are giving away Bump Stopper product to your best limericks.
Which ones are the best, you ask?
Well, of course, the ones we like the most!
Send us your creations and we'll choose one every week and send the lucky winner a Free Bump Stopper product.
Soooooo... What's the standard form of a limerick?
A limerick is a stanza of five lines, with the first, second and fifth rhyming with one another and having three feet of three syllables each; and the shorter third and fourth lines also rhyming with each other, but having only two feet of three syllables.
Here is an example:
There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
But his daughter named Nan,
Ran away with a man
And as for the bucket, Nantucket.
And here is an example of how it should sound, with the stressed-syllables in CAPS:
There ONCE was a MAN from NanTUCKet
Who KEPT all his CASH in a BUCKet.
But his DAUGHter, named NAN,
Ran aWAY with a MAN
And AS for the BUCKet, NanTUCKet.
Wanna know more about limericks? Check this article in the Saturday Evening Post about them!
That being said, here are a few tips for success in Limerick Time!
- They have to be original, and if possible, humorous.
- Keep them clean.
- Everything goes, but keep in mind that this is for the general public, so sexual content should be treated very carefully.
- No insults to anybody, any nationality or ethnicity. You can have fun without being offensive. Yes, you can. Yes. Yes.
- Gotta check the metric TWICE! It's gotta be 5 lines long. Not 4, not 6, but 5 lines long!
- The rhyme MUST be AABBA.
- There is no limit on the number of entries, as long as they are all different, no repeats, please!
- Leave your entry as a comment on this post to be considered.
- Be a gracious loser if you don't win. Nobody likes crybabies...
Here is our starter limerick:
There once was an old stocks broker
Whom everyone took for a popper
He had perfect skin
From his nape to his chin
but all of it was just Bump Stopper!
This contest is valid only for people in the continental USA and ends on 12/31/2018. One winner per week.
The image used is from Working Smarter Cafe. Thanks for letting us use it!